COVID-19 Corona Virus Therapy Changes
In light of the COVID-19 Corona Virus situation I have put together a policy for managing my therapy clinic over the forthcoming weeks/months:
During practice hours:
- The distance between chairs has been extended.
- Therapy rooms are wiped down in-between clients.
- I am washing my hands between clients.
- I will be keeping social contacts to a minimum and social distancing.
- Your appointment may be cancelled with short notice if I become unwell or government guidance dictates.
- The practice is being disinfected at the end of each day.
- Anyone who is self isolating will be asked to suspend sessions or have on-line therapy.
Alternative options for therapy sessions:
- I am happy to offer online or telephone therapy sessions to anyone who requests it regardless of whether you have symptoms.
- Please contact me in advance if you wish to arrange an online session and I will send you a link to access this service. I use a secure GDPR-compliant online platform called Zoom (https://zoom.us/). I am also happy to use Skype
What I will do if I or anyone in the setting where I practice is symptomatic:
- In these circumstances, I will contact you without delay via telephone or E-mail. If you have recently changed your E-mail or telephone number, please notify me of any changes.
- You will then be informed following the period of self-isolation when the practice re-opens.
What you should do if you are symptomatic:
- If you are experiencing any corona virus symptoms, however mild, such as a new persistent cough or fever, you should not attend your upcoming appointment.
Please contact me via E-mail, text or leave a voicemail on – 07411 033 573
In these circumstances, we can either suspend sessions until you are ready to resume or sessions can continue online.
- The above procedure will be reviewed on a daily basis and may change at short notice based on government guidelines. I will continue to keep you updated on any further actions regarding this matter.
- If you are experiencing anxiety related to the virus, this article is very helpful: https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-how-to-stop-the-anxiety-spiralling-out-of-control-133166
- For information on how to protect yourself from the Coronavirus you should always follow the latest Government advice. For up to date guidance visit: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Best wishes and keep well
8 Parkway | Wilmslow | SK9 1LS
M 07411 033 573